MEOWFEST Volunteer Agreement and Liability Release Form
Please read the following agreement carefully. Volunteers under the age of majority must provide parental/legal guardian confirmation that the Volunteer and their parent/legal guardian has read, understood and willfully agrees to all of the provisions provided below.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate as a volunteer during meowfest 2018, I understand, agree to, and acknowledge the following:
1. The information provided in my volunteer application is accurate. I will complete all requisite character checks and Volunteer training. There is no reason by law or otherwise that I am unable to volunteer at meowfest 2018.
2. I understand that as a Volunteer, I will be supervised by meowfest 2018 staff and agree to notify meowfest 2018 staff if I feel unable, unsafe, or uncomfortable fulfilling any task within or away from the venue.
3. I acknowledge that the safety of meowfest 2018 attendees is the number one priority. I will do my best to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. I will immediately alert meowfest 2018 staff or venue security should I witness behaviour or potential behaviour that is harassing, abusive, negligent, violent, or suspicious.
4. I will act as an ambassador for meowfest 2018; at all times while volunteering and thereafter, I will display a respectful, enthused, and grateful attitude while treating all meowfest 2018 attendees with respect. Never will I discriminate against an individual, especially on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex or sexual orientation.
5. I assume all risk associated with my participation in meowfest 2018 or activities organized in connection with meowfest 2018, including but not limited to any injury, illness or death to me and/or damage to or loss or theft of my property. I hereby agree that in the event that I suffer any such loss, claim or damage as a result of my participation in meowfest 2018 or activities organized in connection with meowfest 2018, I will not make a claim against meowfest 2018, meowfest 2018, their related organizations, or their respective directors, officers, agents, employees and Volunteers (collectively, the “Releasees”) in connection therewith. I release each of the Releasees in connection with any such loss, claim or damage including losses, claims or damage associated with alleged negligent conduct of the Releasees. I further release and indemnify the Releasees, without limitation, from and against any actions, claims, damages, suits, fines, judgments, losses and/or injuries that may result from my participation as a Volunteer. Further, in the event I am unable to do so because of injury or illness, I consent to the administration of first aid.
6. I consent to the collection of, and grant full permission in perpetuity to, meowfest 2018, meowfest 2018, their related organizations and meowfest 2018 sponsors, to copy, reproduce, use, reuse, license, exhibit, display, distribute and create derivative works of, any photographs, slides, films, videotapes, recordings or any other content taken of me in connection with meowfest 2018 , whether in print, online, digital, electronic or other format for any purpose whatsoever (including, but not limited to, promotional materials such as informational brochures, websites, and public information campaigns) and to make such materials available to third parties for broadcast and/or publication without further notice and with no financial or other consideration to be paid to me in connection therewith. I acknowledge and accept that such materials, including any appearance of me included therein, may be edited at the sole discretion of meowfest 2018, meowfest 2018, their related organizations or meowfest 2018 sponsors. I understand that such parties are not obligated to use such materials and that the materials will not be provided or returned to me.
7. I understand that in the course of Volunteering for meowfest 2018, I may have access to confidential information (i.e. non-public information) and I agree never to disclose such confidential information. Without limiting the foregoing, prior to meowfest 2018 taking place, I agree not to make any public mention (including social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn, or any kind of blogging) that includes non-public information about meowfest 2018 (including information about the performance or appearance of celebrities). During meowfest 2018 and thereafter, I undertake to make only positive mentions of meowfest 2018, meowfest 2018, or meowfest 2018 (including social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn, or any kind of blogging).
8. Should I be asked by meowfest 2018 staff to take photographs at meowfest 2018, I consent to the following:
I will own the photographs that I take at meowfest 2018 (the “Photographs”), and hereby grant to meowfest 2018 and meowfest 2018 a worldwide, fully paid, irrevocable, exclusive license to use, store, distribute, reproduce, modify and edit the Photographs and to make such materials available to third parties for broadcast and/or publication without further notice and with no financial or other consideration to be paid in connection therewith. Further, I waive all moral rights associated with the Photographs.
I understand that, should meowfest 2018 use one of the Photographs, it is not guaranteed that I will receive named credit.
9. This agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought in a competent court of the Province of British Columbia, and Meowfest 2018 and the Volunteer irrevocably and unconditionally attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of such court.